Openness and transparency are important to us. The Privacy Act 1993 requires us – like any other New Zealand agency – to tell you certain things about the personal information we need to carry out our functions. This is where we explain our privacy practices and why you can trust us to handle your information with care and respect.
In short, here are a few key privacy messages to note:
- We only collect personal information where this is necessary to carry out our functions
- We may collect personal information about you either directly from you or from other people or agencies, and we may generate personal information about you when we carry out our functions
- We store all our data (including your personal information) on a secure icloud platform. We protect our data with all reasonable technical and process controls
- You can ask us for a copy of your personal information at any time. We will be as open as we can with you but must also ensure we meet our secrecy obligations
- We will only use and share personal information where necessary to carry out the functions for which we collected it, or if required by law
If you cannot find the information you need, or you have concerns about the way we are managing your personal information, then please contact us.
Our Commitment To Your Privacy
We respect your right to privacy and your right to view and update the personal information we hold about you. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our site or contact us in any way.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Collecting Your Personal Information
If you access any of our services (including supporting our campaigns, contacting us with a Ultra Trailer business enquiry or signing up for our newsletters), we will collect some or all of the following personal information:
- Your name and contact details.
- Your comments and community contributions.
- Survey results and responses, when you participate in any of our surveys.
- Your credit card number, name on your card, expiry date and card verification code (CVC) code.
Collectively, this is known as your “personal information".
Using Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- Provide you with the products and services you request.
- Conduct market research surveys: if you opt-in to receive Ultra Trailers NZ surveys we will contact you by email to invite you to participate.
- Tell you about our new products, services and promotions: for example, if you are opted-in to email newsletters or marketing communications we may email you to let you know about new content you may be interested in.
- Customise our marketing and advertising.
Changing Your Personal Information
You have the right to view and change any personal information we hold about you at any time.To request changes made to your personal information, you can contact Ultra Trailers on 0800 1000 55 or email@example.com.
Comments and Community Contributions
When you submit a comment or review, your first name and last name initial e.g. Richie R, or your display name (if you have set one), is displayed with your comment.
We do not publicly display any other personal information in our community areas. We strongly advise that you do not post your email address, home address, phone number or other personal information as part of your community contributions.
Sometimes, we might want to use the messages or reviews you post in our articles or marketing material. If so, we will endeavour to get your permission before copying or quoting your message.
Disclosing Your Personal Information
We will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. But we will share your personal information with trusted third parties that work on our behalf to distribute our email or print communications. We also share your personal information with trusted third parties in order to customise our marketing and advertising.
We do not authorise third parties to use or disclose your personal information except for the purpose of providing the service we request from them. We require any third parties to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information.
- Improve our website (for example, identify and promote popular reports); and
- Provide you with more targeted information where appropriate.
Temporary cookies: We use temporary (per-session) cookies to "remember" that a member has logged in. This means you do not have to enter your email address and password more than once during a visit.
Please note: Our temporary cookies must be accepted to login, or make a purchase from us.
If your browser is set to notify you when you receive a cookie, you will be prompted to accept the cookie. Please select "Yes".
Our temporary cookies will disappear when you logout of your account.
Important: You should not use a “remember my login” feature on a browser unless you are the only person who has access to the browser. Never enable this feature on a public access computer as this could allow other people to access your personal information.
Third party cookies and other technologies: We use third party cookies and other technologies for marketing and to gather website analytics. This includes:
- Remarketing and emails: We use third party cookies – such as Google Analytics cookies – to keep track of the reports you’re interested in and remarket them to you when you leave our site (as a result, you may see ads from Ultra Trailers NZ when you visit other websites).
- Impression reporting: We use web beacons to estimate the number of users that have viewed and clicked on our advertisements (as a result, we’re able to gauge the success of a campaign).
- You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics please visitthis page (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout)
You can also ask your browser to delete or block third party cookies: simply search online for “cookies” + the name of your internet browser (for example, “Google Chrome”) for step-by-step instructions.
We may contact you to:
- Clarify your contact details.
- Respond to any enquiries you make.
- Provide any information necessary for the operation and security of our site.
- Ask you to participate in surveys.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter or hare an account with Ultra Trailers we may also contact you to advise of changes to our terms and conditions, services or new products or promotions.
If you subscribe to our newsletter or have an account with Ultra Trailers NZ you will be signed up to automatically receive email marketing communications and surveys. You can choose to remove yourself from these communications at any time by replying to an email requesting to "unsubscribe".
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our websites provide links to other websites when we consider you may be interested in the contents of those sites. We do not endorse any third party sites or their content and we have no control over the conduct of the companies or organisations operating those sites.
Before you disclose any personal information to another site, we advise you to check its terms and conditions, including its privacy and security policies.
Ultra Trailers NZ is committed to dealing quickly and appropriately with any privacy complaints.
For more information on privacy see the Privacy Commissioner's website www.privacy.org.nz
You can find more information about our policies for protecting your personal information in our Terms of Trade.